At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
- Do you get excited working with talented engineers, leading them to ship product features and enhancements, and helping them thrive in their career?
- Do you define a great day as getting sh*t done and having fun working with your team?
- Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex initiatives into achievable project plans?
- Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team?
Amazing, then youâre the type of person weâre looking for!
Weâre growing and we are looking to add a Senior Backend Engineer to the Engineering team focused on building Jungle Scoutâs enterprise SaaS product.
Where would this person be located? Great question! Weâre a remote-first company and hope to hire this Senior Software Engineer Team anywhere between the EST - PST timezone
Interested in learning more? Letâs get into the details:
What you will be doing:
Architect and build:
- Highly scalable, fault-tolerant, elastic, and secure services
- Large scale distributed systems
- Applications that are a composition of independent services (microservices)
Make recommendations around:
- Technologies to be used for new services and applications
- Improvements on existing services and applications
Scale, maintain and improve:
- Existing codebases and system infrastructures
- Independent services using CI/CD and multiple environments stages (e.g., staging vs. production) to ensure rapid delivery while maintaining high quality and availability
Participate and contribute in:
- Leading the technical architecture and delivery of complex projects, interfacing with product, design, and multiple engineering teams
- Helping product managers with project planning and facilitating the Scrum process
- Ongoing improvement of engineering practices and procedures
Who you are:
- Youâve done this before.
- Have built enterprise-level services with popular backend frameworks (e.g., Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Spring, Django, Flask, etc)
- You have experience building data-driven systems that have high availability, optimize for performance, and are highly scalable
- Youâre experienced with modern SQL and NoSQL databases, know when to use each, and can build performant systems on top of each
- Youâre an AWS Cloud Wizard.
- Youâre an AWS cloud ninja and you have experience building cloud-native services at scale
- Experience working with core AWS services like EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, ElasticBeanstalk, Lambda, Cloudwatch, SQS, Kinesis and SNS.
- Youâre a master communicator & passionate mentor.
- Fluent in both written & verbal English to easily chat with our North American teams.
- Able to communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely on both technical and non-technical subjects.
- Take any chance you can get to share knowledge with your team.
- Contribute to the teamâs documentation and mentor teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, empathetic manner.
- Do not shy away from taking and giving feedback.
- Youâre autonomous.
- Successfully execute large multi-person projects and well-defined initiatives from definition through to the end.
**Working at Jungle Scout
Check us out!
- The BEST team.
- Remote-first culture.
- International Retreats.
- Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
- Performance Bonus.
- Flexible Vacation.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
**We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because itâs the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.